Merry Christmas from Wellbeing at Work
Wellbeing at Work Virtual Conference
Booking has now commenced for our virtual conference which will be brought to you in partnership with the Devon and Plymouth Chamber of Commerce on Thursday 28th January 2021. We will have presentations from Wellbeing at Work, Public Health England, Plymouth City Council (Bronze Wellbeing at Work Award Winner), and St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth. We will also reveal the Winner of our Wellbeing Champion of the Year Award 2020! Please join us for our annual event.
Thank you to everyone that sent their nominations for Wellbeing Champion of the Year 2020! We were overwhelmed with the response. We will be sending out further information to the nominees in the New Year.
Wellbeing at Work Christmas Quiz Night …
How many of the following questions can you get right? … Don’t use google!
- How many Reindeers does Santa have?
- What is your star sign if you were born on Christmas day?
- Which country is credited with starting the Christmas Tree Tradition?
- In which year was the first Christmas card sent?
- Which ocean was Christmas Island be found in?
- How many Ghosts appear in ‘A Christmas Carol?’
- Which country traditionally plays the Boxing Day Test Match every year?
- Which plant based Christmas tradition was started by servants in Victorian Britain?
- What time is the Queen’s speech traditionally broadcasted?
- Which country annually sends a Christmas Tree to be erected in London’s Trafalgar Square?
Answers can be found at the bottom on the E-shot
‘Tis the season to be less stressed
Time to Change have put together ‘Thriving at Christmas’ – Mental Health Tips for the Festive Season. A PDF filled with useful hints and tips to help our mental health during this time of year. Let’s not be hard on ourselves after this year, it’s been a crazy one!
Wellbeing Training Dates
Please follow the links below to book places onto our virtual training courses. Face to Face training is on hold following updated government guidance.
Understanding Mental Health and Wellbeing:
Understanding Grief and Bereavement:
If you would like to book a virtual bespoke training session for you organisation then please email email@example.com which will take you to the Wellbeing Training Team.
Wellbeing at Work Christmas Quiz Night Answers
- How many Reindeers does Santa have? A. 8 – Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Prancer, Vixen
- What is your star sign if you were born on Christmas day? A. Capricorn
- Which country is credited with starting the Christmas Tree Tradition? A. Germany
- In which year was the first Christmas card sent? A. 1843
- Which ocean can Christmas Island be found in? A. Indian Ocean
- How many Ghosts appear in ‘ A Christmas Carol’? A. 4
- Which country traditionally plays in the Boxing Day Test Match every year? A. Australia
- Which plant based Christmas Tradition was started by servants in Victorian Britain? A. Kissing under the Mistletoe
- What time is the Queen’s speech traditionally broadcasted? A. 3pm
- Which country annually sends a Christmas Tree to be erected in London’s Trafalgar Square? A. Norway
20th Dec 20 – 5th Jan 21 – Festival of Winter Walks 2020 – A week of Rambling Walks over Christmas and New Year to start 2021 a fresh. To fond out more: Click Here
1st – 31st January 2021 – Veganuary – is the world’s largest Vegan movement, inspiring people to try vegan for January and throughout the rest of the year. To find out more: Click here
1st – 31st January 2021 – Dry January – Every year Alcohol Change UK run a campaign to stop drinking alcohol for the whole of January. To find out more: Click here
18th – 24th January 2021 – Cervical Cancer Prevention Week – Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women ages 35, and 75% of cervical cancers are prevented by cervical screening (smear tests). Cervical Cancer Prevention Week encourages women to reduce their risk of the disease by promoting the steps they can take to look after their health. Click Here